This Friday, MoodFix turns the ripe old age of 3 and we intend to party in style (think champagne and lots of orange bunting).
We’ll be showcasing two of our favourite DJs who will play an epic 3-hour B2B set that is guaranteed to blow the Hare & Hounds roof right off. No expense has been spared, so expect some surprises on the night and house party vibes from start to end! Click the poster below for one of the last few tickets available via Skiddle (this will sell out).
We caught up with good friend, Dan Shake, who has become part of the furniture at MoodFix and joins us for a third time in as many years. We had a quick natter and he was kind enough to share 9 tracks with us (see below).
Hi Dan, we were lucky enough to catch you closing Dimensions Festival main stage last year, how was it returning back to where it all started?
Amazing… and very surreal! It’s was quite weird being on the other side of the fence this time.
We understand you’ve played with Henry Wu before, what was that like and what can the crowd expect?
We played for 8 hours at pickle factory a few months back, which worked really well. I think we’ll be cutting across all genre’s, expect a lot of funk, broken beat and percussion going on!
Loved the new Shake’s On A Plane EP, huge props for the jokes artwork. Any new releases or big news coming up?
Haha, thank you! Watch this space ;-) Shakes on a train…
So....as mentioned, Dan was kind enough to give us an intimate insight into his daily life and the tracks he listens to. Strangely, Dan likes to listen to scenario specific tracks and he's shared a few gems with us below.
Thanks Dan, see ya Friday!
1. Tyrone Davis - Get On Up (Track to get up in the morning)
2. Aural exciters - (He's a) Marathon runner (Track when I’m going for a run)
3. Dj Rhythm - I Need More (Track when I’m buying records)
4. LIGHT OF THE WORLD - Time (Remix) (Track when I’m running late)
5. King Tutt - You've Got Me Hung Up (Track when I’m doing my washing)
6. Manzana Kicks - In Knots (Track when I’m untangling wires (daily)
7. B.T.Express - Energy Level (Track when I’m drinking coffee)
8. K15 - Sunbeams (Track when it’s nice weather)
9. JKD - Dream Machine (SMBD '79 Disco Edit) (Track when I’m going to sleep)